I am still alive. With three kids, and three part time jobs that add up to a full time job and a half, I have been a little busy. But, it’s November now. So I figured I’d come over and say some things before WordPress kicked me out for not being an active blogger. I present to you, Friday Night Randomness!!
1. Teaching is so busy. So, so, so, busy. It’s nothing I can’t handle, but I have definitely hit my max. It wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t go to two campuses, and then two nights a week I teach until 9:30 at night. And that is just too late with three kids, one of which is only 4 months old. (Sidebar: HOW IN THE HELL IS FINOLA 4 MONTHS OLD TOMORROW?! HOW I ask you…). But it’s a lot. I feel like I am always grading, grading, grading…marking, emailing…grading, grading, grading… I love my job. I do. And I am blessed to be able to do what I am passionate about. But this semester has shown me my limits in glaring, bright red Sharpie with white back lighting.. I will never again teach late at night until the baby is older (If I even need to worry about that), and I will not work as many days. It’s too much. And I am blessed beyond measure that my husband is the breadwinner, and I can afford to work part time. I take none of that for granted, and I know I have that privilege. I don’t deny it. I just know my limits now, and that’s always a good thing.
2. The girls are good. Caelan loves the ever–loving shit out of Kindergarten. We got her first report card today, and I was not surprised by any of it. The only thing she needs to work on is rushing through her work to be able to read a book after her work is over. That is exactly what I did in school, and she proves everyday that I am raising myself. It’s creepy sometimes, but I am able to understand her. Ellery is calming down a lot now that school is in swing, and she doesn’t act like a lunatic as much as she did whenever Caelan goes to school and comes home. She says Finola is her best friend, and I believe that with every fiber of my being. Finola is so hilarious. She laughs and screams, giggles and shrieks. She sleeps, eats, poops. She does what she is supposed to do. The only concern we have with her is her neck will cock slightly left most of the time. It’s like one side of her neck isn’t as strong as the other. Her doctor said she could have been at that angle in the womb, and that the problem is correctable with physical therapy if she hasn’t grown out of it by the time she goes to her four month appointment, which is in a week. So, we will see what happens. But she’s a happy little lady, and it’s not anything that is affecting her development. I love my girls; I am so blessed to be their mommy….
3. Speaking of mommy, my little Finola stole all of my calcium… I went to the dentist the other day and found out that I have six cavities. Four of them need filled ASAP; they have to get in there to see the other two and how severe they are. Six. Cavities. I haven’t had six in my entire life, and now I have six in one year. ONE YEAR. That is nonsense. And I have a deep fear of the dentist from a previous traumatic experience, so I am not looking forward to it. I am getting laughing gas; I guess that is supposed to help or something. I am nervous as hell. I have headphones and a playlist in the works…They won’t do them all at one time. So I have an appointment for 5 one day, and 1 the next week. Yippee. Can’t wait for that.. and this is why I cannot have any more babies… what’s next? My bones?!
4. My birthday was last week. I turned 32. That’s..meh. We went and painted pottery which I wanted to do, and we ate at Wendy’s, which is what Ellery wanted to do. I couldn’t care less what we did. Last year on my birthday, I got a layoff notice. So, I didn’t give a shit what we did; Shawn is back at Timken, and things are good. So, birthday schmirthday. Bring it, 32. Let’s rock. (A post on this will be coming later when I have more time to compose).
5. I reorganized my living room today with my husband and kids. I love the way a quick rearrange makes the house feel new and clean. It isn’t new. And it’s not all that spick and span… but it’s ours until whenever…so, rearranging for freshness it is.
6. I am newly addicted to Duck Dynasty. More on that in a future post…
I am running out of steam.
I leave you with these: