I have said it before, but there is a direct correlation between what I have going on in my life and how often I get over here. But know that I am going to try hard to get in here because I feel it is important. Writing is my therapy, and Lord knows I need the outlet every now and then. All I have time for is a list of what’s been up lately because that’s all I have time for.
What’s Shaking in FancyPants Corner?
1. My husband FINALLY got the call and has been back to his old employer for about three weeks now. And I do not need to tell you how awesome that is. Our lives are better when he is here. And the girls’ lives are better. And he smiles now. He has smiled more in the last three weeks than he did in 10 months. And that is no lie. Everything is better. The best part is that he got called back for a job that was a higher job than he left, so that’s awesome sauce. Life is ours again for the living, not just the surviving. And there are no words for that feeling. Bliss is the closest I can come on my own.
2. Finola is fantastic. This baby eats, sleeps, laughs, and smiles. All the time. That’s her gig. And she’s wonderful. She certainly has shown me more about life than I could imagine at only ten weeks old, and each of my girls have, but she definitely makes me want to slow down and take time to enjoy her baby kisses, coos, and smiles. Love that girl. So. Much.
3. I am back to the fall craziness. I am working on two campuses this semester, for two different schools, and I am having a hell of a time figuring it all out. I am also working in the writing center at one of the campuses, and that gives me a new relationship with and perspective on the students. But it’s fun. I love my job, and if I didn’t, I wouldn’t do it. It has to be worth it for me to leave my babies. Working five days a week was never my goal, but it’s my reality, and I am making it work for me.
4. I am also going to be Caelan’s Girl Scout troop leader, I guess. That will be exciting, since I obviously have nothing else to do with the scores of free time that I have. 🙂 I look forward to experiencing something with just her since I spend the majority of my days with Ellery and Finola. And I want to see more of her world through her eyes. Win-win. My mom was my leader, and that was such a fun experience for me. I look forward to sharing all of that with her now and in the future.
5. Caelan started Kindergarten in August, and that has been amazing. Her teacher is exactly who I would choose to be her teacher if I had a choice. I just didn’t know it at the time. She has been thriving, and that is awesome to see. She loves her teacher, she gets along with her classmates (as far as I know), and she comes home with at least seven things she’s learned each day. I am so proud of her. My little lady is growing up! She knows how to read now, for the most part, and has even started making her own breakfast in the morning. Something happened to this girl while in the halls of her school, and so far, I love it. Love that girl. More than words.
6. Ellery is surviving not being around her sister 24/7, and she is cracking me up. She learns so much from her sister telling her about Kindergarten, she will be ready for it in a year. 🙂 She is the smile I miss the most when I leave the house and the hug I look forward to when I get home. Love that girl. Always. Every way.
That’s about it. My life is crazy. And my life is wonderful. And I am blessed beyond measure. I have experienced so much in the last few months, from birth to death to the rebirth of our family unit and the blossoming of my oldest into a bigger kid than she ever was. I have no time to get too in depth on anything, but know that I am here, and I am no longer just surviving.
We are living. We are thriving.
How are you?